Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need an appointment for an appraisal?
No appointment is necessary. Just visit us at our location during business hours.
2. Do you need to see my boat in person to make an offer?
No, we can make an offer based on your description. However, the offer is pending physical inspection of the boat.
3. What if I don't have a trailer? Can you arrange pick-up of my boat?
Yes, we have trailers available and would be happy to pick-up your boat at your local marina or boat ramp.
4. How long is your offer valid?
Our offers are valid for 7 days.
5. What if I have a lien holder and owe money on my boat?
We will coordinate payoff with your lender and disperse funds as agreed upon. For example: we offer you $20,000 for your boat on which you owe $11,000 - we would pay off $11,000 to your lender and write you a check for the remaining $9,000.
6. What if I owe more than my boat is worth (am "upside down")?
We will write a check to the lender for the agreed upon purchase price and you will be responsible for paying the remaining balance. For example: if we agree to purchase your boat for $20,000 and you owe your lender $22,000 - then we would write a check to the bank for $20,000 and you would write a check for $2,000 to the lender in order to satisfy the lien and get a title release.
7. Will you explain how you appraise my boat?
We put extensive research into the value of your boat using all of our resources, including comparable boats on the market right now, the condition of your boat, along with current market and financing conditions.
8. I need money today! What do I need to do?
The fastest and easiest way is to bring your boat and title to our location during business hours. If possible please give us a call to let us know you are coming.
9. What do I need to bring to sell my boat?
If you plan to sell your boat to us make sure you bring the boat title, manuals, receipts, etc, and all accessories belonging to the boat.